07 May How to keep your Fears from stopping you
When thinking of trying something new, particularly something that has high stakes to it i.e. pursuing a new career path, moving to a new country, starting a business, entering into a long-term committed relationship, it’s natural to have concerns. This is not a bad thing! In fact, having these concerns means you’re thinking things through, considering all aspects of your decision, and looking into things in greater detail. The result of this due diligence actually increases the chance of your decision having a positive outcome.
But sometimes those concerns gain so much traction that they end up stopping you from taking steps of growth and expansion in your life. You freeze in your tracks, you don’t take the step, and the opportunity passes by.
All or Nothing or…..
Between All or Nothing (reckless abandonment vs. getting stuck where you are), there’s a place in the middle called ‘Balance’. Navigate your way to that point.
Yes, absolutely, have intelligent concerns, but make your concerns work in your favour by getting you to a stronger, more informed place from where you can make decisions that will turn out well for you. It might look like this:
- Getting advice from professionals in the field. There’s nothing better than getting the ‘inside scoop’ from people who have walked the path before you.
- Educate yourself/ learn skills that will make you stronger going into it
- Identify the areas where you are weak, and into those places, put highly reputable people/resources to guide you
- Formulate a plan so things don’t get so overwhelming that you might miss details
- Surround yourself with great support/people who will be honest with you
- Be willing to put in the time and effort
Understand your System
In addition to the above, know what your brain and body need to be healthy, calm, grounded and clear thinking. This is actually a very important step, yet it’s the one most people overlook. I equate it to making sure your car is in tip-top condition before setting out on the road trip of your dreams. Fortunately, there is so much valuable information available now to help you get your entire system into the best condition possible to move through your fears and reach your goals:
- Meditation, Breathing and other stress reduction techniques will serve you well
- Work with a Naturopath to support your system in reducing stress and anxiety and increasing mental focus
- A Nutritionist can help you maximize your energy
- And enlisting the help of a Trainer/Life Coach can be one of the BEST investments you can make in helping you formulate a plan, develop effective strategies for challenges that come up and support you through the process of reaching your goal
Once you’ve done your due diligence, focus on where you want to land. Fully commit to to your goal! Remember: Where you look you will go.
If you never try, you’ll never know, and with a few strong stepping stones in place, you can greatly increase the chances of it turning out beautifully!
You may be interested in these Posts
Thank you for taking time to read this post! The right information at the right time is a most powerful catalyst for change. For Coaching, Workshops or an Inspiring Talk on this valuable topic, contact me!
(c) Titans International Inc. Kristina Jansz 2019, 2020-2050